Locqz78 avatar

Are you guys welcoming?

Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 6:51 PM By: Locqz78

I am just curious. Are you guys welcoming of new Barbz/Ken Barbz to #teamminaj?? I see a lot of stans saying that you're not a real fan unless you've been with her since the mixtapes. But what about those who come across her music on the radio or something, fall in love with it and her, and decide to stan for her because they see her as true inspiration and idol.

So what's the verdict?? What do you think determines a stan??

..::Salute The Queen::..

Replies to this posting

1. KenBark avatar

RE: Are you guys welcoming?

Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 8:14 AM By: KenBark

Locqz78 wrote:
    I am just curious. Are you guys welcoming of new Barbz/Ken Barbz to #teamminaj?? I see a lot of stans saying that you're not a real fan unless you've been with her since the mixtapes. But what about those who come across her music on the radio or something, fall in love with it and her, and decide to stan for her because they see her as true inspiration and idol.

ppl who say they're a real fan and try to justify that solely on the time they've been a fan are morons. its all n ur support. every individuals different and will express their love differently.like me I luv nick but I tend to stay away from twitter and fan congregations.to much pointless ass drama over nothing

--->>>kEN, BARk! - HAZ-MAt

--->>>www.reverbnation.com/knarlzbark

--->>>"#fxkSWGG"

2. TayHollyWood avatar

Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 8:31 AM By: TayHollyWood

I'm not excepting anybody. Not old fans not new fans. Yup I been riding with my bitch since 06, and it was me by myself. It was no team minaj. I'm not here to be friends with her fans I'm here for her. And that's where people get lost at. It's not about me, you, or them. It's about her. Just like when she do shit it's for me. I don't see it as she doing it for team minaj because at the end of the day I was a fan before the snot nose brats running the fuck around. When she cry and say how much she love her fans, I take it as she is just talking to me. Because team minaj ain't right. It's a lot of them that's straight disrespectful. I don't care if you just got hip to nic. And if you are here's my advice: stay to yourself and just worry about you and nicki.
    TayHollyWood Bitch! " I Kill These Bitches With Sarcasm "

3. Jme_C avatar

Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 8:32 AM By: Jme_C

The notion of a stan is bullshit! No fan is superior to another!

Also this idea that Old fans like Old Nicki, and New fans like New Nicki is bullshit too. You can like both!

Everyone is welcome here. If anyone says otherwise, then fuck em!

I hate all this, my memorabilia collection is bigger than yours, so I'm clearly a bigger fan bullshit!

4. Benicus avatar

Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:01 AM By: Benicus Moderator

Jme_C wrote:
    The notion of a stan is bullshit! No fan is superior to another!

Also this idea that Old fans like Old Nicki, and New fans like New Nicki is bullshit too. You can like both!

Everyone is welcome here. If anyone says otherwise, then fuck em!

I hate all this, my memorabilia collection is bigger than yours, so I'm clearly a bigger fan bullshit!

Spot on! This is what a fanbase SHOULD be like. Supporting and accepting new and old fans alike.

My fav type of music is Metal and Rock - but I'm buying Nicki's albums and going to her concert, so whats wrong with that? I'm supporting her because I love her music.

5. RachelMinaj avatar

Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:40 AM By: RachelMinaj

Locqz78 wrote:

Personally, I love all fans. Doesn't matter how long you been riding with da kid, and I feel people who are like "I've been with Nic since '06" usually say it because it makes them feel superior. As long as you STAN for her, and are a TRUE fan, she does not care. Nicki loves all her fans old and new. It's a shame I can't say the same for some of Team Minaj.

6. RachelMinaj avatar

Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:41 AM By: RachelMinaj

TayHollyWood wrote:
    . I'm not here to be friends with her fans I'm here for her. And that's where people get lost at. It's not about me, you, or them. It's about her.
    I don't care if you just got hip to nic. And if you are here's my advice: stay to yourself and just worry about you and nicki.

I somewhat agree. You are here for NICKI. No one else. Don't let anyone else define how big a fan you are.

7. Markisha avatar

Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 10:21 AM By: Markisha

TayHollyWood wrote:
    I'm not excepting anybody. Not old fans not new fans. Yup I been riding with my bitch since 06, and it was me by myself. It was no team minaj. I'm not here to be friends with her fans I'm here for her. And that's where people get lost at. It's not about me, you, or them. It's about her.

You reminded me of this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w536Alnon24&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LL_CRQtkypsehOMt4X4sDg7g

8. gorgeous.minaj avatar

Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:06 AM By: gorgeous.minaj

Where I live, there are always people bashing my fave, even my friends. They just don't understand why I love her so much. When I joined this site I thought that I'd be able to share my love for Nicki on here but I haven't really been able to connect with anybody & connecting with TM on twitter is useless because their such a tight knit circle that they think their the celebrities instead of us all sharing our love for Nicki. I haven't taken this attitude yet because I think there are still Nicki Minaj fans out there that will be accepting enough to befriend any Nicki fan whether they just became a fan last week or have been here for years.

newgorgeous

9. Martha Holiday avatar

Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM By: Martha Holiday

How many in TM

10. TayHollyWood avatar

Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 12:00 PM By: TayHollyWood

Markisha wrote:
    TayHollyWood wrote:
    I'm not excepting anybody. Not old fans not new fans. Yup I been riding with my bitch since 06, and it was me by myself. It was no team minaj. I'm not here to be friends with her fans I'm here for her. And that's where people get lost at. It's not about me, you, or them. It's about her.

You reminded me of this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w536Alnon24&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LL_CRQtkypsehOMt4X4sDg7g

Sooooo ummmm is that suppose to be bad or good? Because if people would just take it like that then it wouldn't be a bunch of bullshit going on.

11. Benicus avatar

Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 12:05 PM By: Benicus Moderator

Markisha wrote:

Haha! That video is pretty funny! I actually like the idea of fanbases where you get to chat to people who share that same interest you have. It's just a shame when idiots get involved. I really hope they don't come here as there's like no mods/admin to keep things in order.

12. Locqz78 avatar

Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 1:22 PM By: Locqz78

I feel what all of you are saying. The only reason I asked is because I became a fan of Nicki slightly before she released her first album. I heard her on the radio, did my own digging found some of the music from her mixtapes. Ended up buying her CD and from then on it was just love. I love her music, her demeanor, her hustle, her attitude, her everything. It gave me personal joy to support her and tweet videos and links and things of that nature. It just saddens me that so many people who claim themselves fans exclude others because we havent been fans "long". Team Minaj is supposed to be a family w/ Nicki as our mother. Not a high school. No one should feel outcasted (or should outcast them self) for ANY reason. Ugh...frustrating.

13. Benicus avatar

Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 1:26 PM By: Benicus Moderator

Locqz78 wrote:
    I feel what all of you are saying. The only reason I asked is because I became a fan of Nicki slightly before she released her first album. I heard her on the radio, did my own digging found some of the music from her mixtapes. Ended up buying her CD and from then on it was just love. I love her music, her demeanor, her hustle, her attitude, her everything. It gave me personal joy to support her and tweet videos and links and things of that nature. It just saddens me that so many people who claim themselves fans exclude others because we havent been fans "long". Team Minaj is supposed to be a family w/ Nicki as our mother. Not a high school. No one should feel outcasted (or should outcast them self) for ANY reason. Ugh...frustrating.

Yeah, that's totally how it should be. But unfortunately you'll find these horrible people in nearly every fanbase for every artist/band around the world. It's like they have this elitist frame of mind, but what they don't understand is that we ALL contribute to her success by buying her music. Without us, she wouldn't get where she is now.

14. Locqz78 avatar

Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 2:02 PM By: Locqz78

Benicus wrote:
    Yeah, that's totally how it should be. But unfortunately you'll find these horrible people in nearly every fanbase for every artist/band around the world. It's like they have this elitist frame of mind, but what they don't understand is that we ALL contribute to her success by buying her music. Without us, she wouldn't get where she is now.

Exactly thats why I'm not trippn over her deletin her twitter. She did exactly what she should have done. All the effort she puts into us and for lamez to treat her the way they did is unacceptable. Imma continue to support n pray for her. && one day she'll get back on Twitter an if she doesnt, so be it. Still gon be in line to buy her albums!! :)

15. ninjabarbie94 avatar

Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 3:15 PM By: ninjabarbie94

Omg i am always welcoming to new fans......the more fans the better i think right???? At the end of the day it doesnt matter how long you been a fan of Nicki what matters is that you are a fan and your gonna stick by her no matter what. I love talking to all of TeamMinaj. Its amazing to speak to people who have the same interests as me. Like with my mates i cant talk to them about Nicki but i come on here i can have like a whole conversation about her and you will all no what im talking about. I have met some amazing people on this site that i think i might just end up being friends with for the rest of my life. I hate the fact that some barbz i try talk to and be nice to and they just shut me out and say they dont talk to other barbz which really confuses me??? I came on this site for Nicki but also to meet new people and find people with the same personalities and interests as me. Anyone who adds me and send me a message i will happily accept and write a nice message back and start getting close to them. One thing Nicki does want is her fans getting along and sticky by eachother because if we all arguing and not talking then how is that helping to support Nicki??? If we stick together and spread the word about different things and just work together to get Nicki to the top it will most defiantly happen because we have worked in a team. Some people might now have the same opinion as me but this is what i think of it all and if any of youu wants to add me and start talking to me please do because i love to hear from youu all and i would love to get to no more of youu. The barbz and kenbarbz i have been speaking to have been amazing and i love them soooo much....one girl i have been speaking to since i joined this site which was over a year ago and we text eachother all the time now i feel like i have known her for years and we tell eachother everything...and i have started to get like that with a few other fans aswell :) Some people may not agree with anything i have just said but i love all TeamMinaj sooo much and you are all like a second family to me and most of youu help me out so much if i have any problems so thankyouu for that i really do appreciate it :) Muuuaaahhh....(xx) *Barbiee loveagee to TeamMinaj and Onika Tanya Maraj* (xx)
    http://mypinkfriday.com/account/profile/

16. Angel Haze And Nicki avatar

Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 6:34 PM By: Angel Haze And Nicki

Hi!!! I became a fan of Nicki when I heard the song Your Love! It was before Pink Friday but after the mix tapes!!!! Idk if people like me or not but I don't care! I love Nicki and that is that!!!!
    SJAM

Newsletter Signup