Benicus avatar

Starships

Sun, May 13, 2012 at 1:35 PM By: Benicus

Chat about the lead single from Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded.

Replies to this posting

1. Hollydoee avatar

RE: Continue The Lyric: Starships

Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM By: Hollydoee

Get on the floor-floor
    I love to dance
    so giv me more-more
    till i cant stand
    .....Then here I am
    #BabyNickiSwaqqa

2. Lewiiskay avatar

RE: Continue The Lyric: Starships

Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 4:43 AM By: Lewiiskay

Starships, were meant to fly
    Hands up and touch the sky
    Cant stop cus were so high
    Lets do this one more time...

3. Jme_C avatar

STARSHIPS VIDEO - WHATS GOING ON?

Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 6:12 AM By: Jme_C

Why do we still not have one?

4. djscottyb avatar

Where is the Starships Music Video

Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:19 PM By: djscottyb

First off love the song....its disappointing there isn't a video yet. Nicki should take some lessons from Madonna and Jennifer Lopez. When they release a song they have everything in place including the music video. I dj at a very large club. I have over 30 very large screens displaying music videos. I play 99% music video. Not having the Starship video makes me play another song that has a video. The music video should be part of the promotion and release of the song not......"oh maybe we should make a video now" Meanwhile Nicki is getting her ass kicked by other artists who have promoted themselves correctly....still love the song. With my experience I have found that songs that have a good music video have much more staying power. Example: The video of Dev and Enrique "Naked". Stupid video, the song is not bad actually I like it but songs with no music video or they're bad videos don't last. Just an opinion from a dj who plays for over 4000 people in a weekend. Their videos are getting played.....Nicki's Starships is not

5. Benicus avatar

RE: Where is the Starships Music Video

Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:24 PM By: Benicus Moderator

Yeah, this is a huge gripe with me. And I'm pretty sure it's not Nicki's fault.

Music videos are a brilliant way to promote a single, however Starships has been out for quite a while now, and even though a video would be amazing, it seems a little too late to have any real impact on sales.

I believe a music video should always be released at the same time at the single release date for a maxium effect on sales - this is how songs get high in the chart. I'm still impressed how well Starships has done without a vid though. It's just such a shame as I think it had potential to do so much better.

"If You Stand For Nothing, You Will Fall For Anything"

6. mark_barbee avatar

Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:54 PM By: mark_barbee

good question

7. TheRingleader avatar

Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:57 PM By: TheRingleader

Yeah i'm disappointed, she waited too long and I agree; I think music videos should be released close to when the song is released. My theory is release the song send it to radio, get some hype for it, like over one or two weeks and then video.

I mean the song still did amazing but a video would've been nice.

I'm dissapointed in the organization of this era.

8. Benicus avatar

Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 3:35 AM By: Benicus Moderator

It's a shame because it's happening to lots of artists these days and it really does have a detrimental effect on sales. I just don't understand why the record labels choose to do it...

9. AustraliaLovesNicki avatar

Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 7:30 AM By: AustraliaLovesNicki

I think you guys are forgetting what happened with Super Bass... Nicki never knew Starships would blow up so much just like she never knew Super Bass would that's why she wouldn't of shot the video before releasing the single. She saw the good reception of the song and then released the video, I think because the video is taking such a long time that it's going to be a good one and that they are pulling out all the stops.

Also it's not too late! Starships has been sitting on the no.2 spot on the Australian charts for a few weeks, it just needs that video to bump it up to Nicki's first number 1 in Australia!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes I did, Yes I did, Somebody please tell em who the F I is!

10. RachelMinaj avatar

Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 10:27 AM By: RachelMinaj

Nicki doesn't need videos to promo her songs. They're just a bonus for us.

11. Trini avatar

Nicki Announces Starships Date

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM By: Trini

Yup she did that today while tweeting and she also announced a new music video and oh Reloaded is gold. http://nickieleaks.com/nicki-minaj-announces-date-for-starships-video/

12. TeamMinajTillTheDeathOfMe avatar

RE: Nicki Announces Starships Date

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 3:06 PM By: TeamMinajTillTheDeathOfMe

Yay, it's about time. :P

13. BustITbarb_Hard ! avatar

STARSHIPS !

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 5:16 PM By: BustITbarb_Hard !

SOOO WHAT DID EVERYONE THINK STARSHIPS ??? WHAT WAS YOUR FAV PART???

---> TO ME IT WAS AMAZING !! AND MY FAV PART WAS THEE BLACKLIGHTS !! LOL (:
    .......Nous PLANET 59........

14. TeamMinajTillTheDeathOfMe avatar

RE: STARSHIPS !

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 7:30 PM By: TeamMinajTillTheDeathOfMe

Waiting for Vevo to upload it. :(

15. BustITbarb_Hard ! avatar

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM By: BustITbarb_Hard !

Bring it in *hug* your gonna love it when you see you it...cheer up (:
    .......Nous PLANET 59........

16. TeamMinajTillTheDeathOfMe avatar

Starships Music Video!

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 9:36 PM By: TeamMinajTillTheDeathOfMe

Came out 5 minutes ago. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeIJmciN8mo&feature=g-u-u
    Follow @ItsRomanBiiitch

17. Benicus avatar

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM By: Benicus Moderator

It's on Vevo here...

18. MT5792 avatar

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 7:44 PM By: MT5792

I thought the video was really cute. My fav part was 2:04-2:17 especially the close up. The way her green short hair and her pink swim suit and deep pink lipstick looked great together. My only thing is I wish Nicki had like a little dance made up just for the song so she and her background ppl/dancers can do when shes on tour etc..
    OH and I almost forgot to mention, do yall remember when Nicki said in an interview or on twitter (cant remember) that when she was on some hill it was cold? Im assuming its when shes in the purple wig and I could kinda tell in her fce and body language!??! LOL but other than that it was real cute and Im really excited to see her video with Chris Brown and hopefully the song she made with B.o.B (Out of my MInd) becomes a single and gets a video cuz I will go bat shit crazy if it does!!!

19. TayHollyWood avatar

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 7:57 PM By: TayHollyWood

I loved it. Loved everything about it. It was sexy and fun, but I loved the fact that she was smiling. She looked like she really enjoyed herself
    TayHollyWood Bitch! " I Kill These Bitches With Sarcasm "

20. DDF Danser avatar

Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 4:59 AM By: DDF Danser

I thinks its a nice video she really took hard work on making it like this. I love it.. like these men praying and she's like getting beemend out on the beach like an alian haha :D it's funny :P

Newsletter Signup