VenusAsABoy avatar

SHOULD NICKI LEAVE YMCMB?!

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 12:52 PM By: VenusAsABoy

given all the issues we as fans have witnessed and experienced with YMCMB handling nicki's singles and tour, should she move to another label in the future?

share your thoughts. :D

hip-hop revolutioNICKI.

"i show these bitches how to do it."

Replies to this posting

1. JAMEL_ZOLANSKI avatar

Re: SHOULD NICKI LEAVE YMCMB?!

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:00 PM By: JAMEL_ZOLANSKI

Wayne did invest alot in her but she should leave. Moment 4 Life could be doing better on charts if YM didn't fuck it up. Im praying they don't do this with Fly 2
    Zolanski

2. VenusAsABoy avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:01 PM By: VenusAsABoy

EastCoast wrote:
    Where to begin...YES!! Nicki Doesnt Even Need To Be Part A Subdivision Record Label...But I doubt she'll leave them...How many albums is she suppose to release based on her contract?

i've no idea about the particulars regarding her contract, other than she keeps her 360s—
    but she's got to get out of there QUICK.

if they're handing THIS era the way they are, can you imagine how they'll screw up NEXT era?

hip-hop revolutioNICKI.

3. VenusAsABoy avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:03 PM By: VenusAsABoy

anti_prettyboi wrote:
    I dont think she will because for one if it wasnt for wayne putting her on she wouldnt be here rite now! i felt if she was to leave Young money that would be a slap in Lil wayne's face!

how long do you think nicki's going to let them fuck up her potential success before she moves on?
    hip-hop revolutioNICKI.

4. VenusAsABoy avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:04 PM By: VenusAsABoy

Poochie_McGucci wrote:
    Yes. Her talents and potential are far more deep than that label. She is a superstar, that is a label for stars trailing behind Wayne. They never promote her singles right, and 'Right Thru Me' should have been FAR more successful. Proof, every feature she does is promoted correctly because of the Artist's label and team, but her team fucks her over, in my opinion.

YAAAAAAAASSS!
    SPEAK THAT TRUTH!
    hip-hop revolutioNICKI.

5. MinajCrazy avatar

RE: SHOULD NICKI LEAVE YMCMB?!

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:04 PM By: MinajCrazy

I feel as if she pulls more than half of her weight, so yes! Hopefully this could happen before the next album. YMCMB are now beneath her success in my opinion.... They only know how to deal with Male Rappers

6. IlyNIC avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:04 PM By: IlyNIC

i have to agree with anti_prettyboi i mean where would she be without wayne? no where. i dont think she should leave YMCMB, only if necessary and is okay with wayne and you know no drama about it, if she thinks its the only way she will get what she needs out of this then yeah.. but as her barb, i see nicki as the naviagator, the pilot, the captain you might say and whichever way she go, i will gladly follow:) its HER music, and we love it so much because its HER. as long as she can be herself, and do what she love, i'm down for whatever my HB has in store... #preach! :)
    DolliePop

7. Chi-Town_Kidd avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:05 PM By: Chi-Town_Kidd

Unless something happens between them, Nicki isn't going anywhere.

As far as singles & things go, "Right Thru Me" & "Your Love" were given a great treatement, RTM just failed on Pop & it was obvious pop didn't want RTM because even after it got an adds date, they weren't spinning it.

"Moment 4 Life" isn't getting pop adds just like Wayne's "6'7" isn't. Wayne put YM together, if he's not getting pop adds neither is Nicki. & it could be since RTM didn't do much on pop. Wayne's "Right Above It" was SCREAMING for pop adds as it went Top 50 & still didn't get them.

Nicki is getting a lot of promo & all of her singles have been hits. M4L is going Top 20 on the Hot 100 which is a HUGE accomplishment for a 2-format single.

& as far as the tour goes, Nicki might not have even wanted to tour solo just yet.

All of the complaining and shxt isn't going to do anything so ppl are just wasting their time.

#done

8. TeamMinajCanada avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:08 PM By: TeamMinajCanada

Nicki is obviously very grateful for what Wayne has done for her. She was supporting Young Money before she got signed and she will support it if she does decide to leave.

I think that Young Money is helping Nicki expand her brand but, like Dirty Money and Mizay, is more of a temporary commitment. I don't think she'll be messy about it and throw them under the bus but I do know that Nicki is about her business and if she felt as though she was getting 'screwed over' (pardon my french) that she would leave the label.

9. Briionnaa avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:08 PM By: Briionnaa

Hey guys!! I think Nick is a smaert girl and as of right now this maybe the best place for her. With YM she has a family situation, a secure situation,and. Here she has the most freedom creativity wise, YM is at the their peak right now, now would not be a good time to leave, maybe when YM starts to get too money hungry and start really exploiting her then she'll leave (which they seem to be stiring the pot lately) I think she has weighted the options and knows that this is her home for now but when YM starts to hurt more thn helps she'll leave
    Signed a Nicki Minaj Fan!

10. Nadja. avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:13 PM By: Nadja.

i'd really like to see how they handle nicki, wayne, drake, tyga, etc having albums/singles out at the same time..

11. VenusAsABoy avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:14 PM By: VenusAsABoy

Chi-Town_Kidd wrote:
    Unless something happens between them, Nicki isn't going anywhere.

As far as singles & things go, "Right Thru Me" & "Your Love" were given a great treatement, RTM just failed on Pop & it was obvious pop didn't want RTM because even after it got an adds date, they weren't spinning it.

"Moment 4 Life" isn't getting pop adds just like Wayne's "6'7" isn't. Wayne put YM together, if he's not getting pop adds neither is Nicki. & it could be since RTM didn't do much on pop. Wayne's "Right Above It" was SCREAMING for pop adds as it went Top 50 & still didn't get them.

Nicki is getting a lot of promo & all of her singles have been hits. M4L is going Top 20 on the Hot 100 which is a HUGE accomplishment for a 2-format single.

& as far as the tour goes, Nicki might not have even wanted to tour solo just yet.

All of the complaining and shxt isn't going to do anything so ppl are just wasting their time.

#done

nicki KNOWS that something isn't going right with her singles—
    and i'm sure she KNOWS that they could be a lot more successful than they are.

my problem is with the whole "because wayne didn't get pop adds, etc."—
    why is NICKI'S success being stifled by how WAYNE'S singles are treated?

pink friday has an integrated mainstream sound for a REASON—
    to CROSS. OVER.

if they're not sending her singles to ALL formats, then they're hindering the success SHE specifically designated for her album.

nicki doesn't belong at a label where she has to play second fiddle to ANYBODY—
    that INCLUDES wayne.

if that's the case, she'll NEVER be bigger than what she is now.

the promo is great, but not sending her singles to ALL formats is what's keeping her from getting top 10s and top 5s, which prevents her from doing things like performing at the grammys, et cetera.

and like i said before—
    nicki's been touring clubs for AGES now.
    YMCMB could have given her a small theatre/pavilion tour like they did drake, and she would have been JUST. FINE. on her own.

NOBODY'S here for that line up they have going on now—
    we all want NICKI.
    hip-hop revolutioNICKI.

12. iPotora avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:15 PM By: iPotora

I know nothing about record labels and screw ups except Massive Attack's release. What else did they mess up?

13. VenusAsABoy avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:17 PM By: VenusAsABoy

DolliePop wrote:
    i have to agree with anti_prettyboi i mean where would she be without wayne? no where. i dont think she should leave YMCMB, only if necessary and is okay with wayne and you know no drama about it, if she thinks its the only way she will get what she needs out of this then yeah.. but as her barb, i see nicki as the naviagator, the pilot, the captain you might say and whichever way she go, i will gladly follow:) its HER music, and we love it so much because its HER. as long as she can be herself, and do what she love, i'm down for whatever my HB has in store... #preach! :)
    DolliePop

this is more than just about "the music".

nicki's a BUSINESS woman—
    and everything she's done to get to this point has been up to her OWN hard work and determination.

if she wants to take it to the next level, she needs to go somewhere that can better handle the BUSINESS.
    hip-hop revolutioNICKI.

14. PlatinumFriday avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:17 PM By: PlatinumFriday

When I found out Nicki was signing with Young Money I thought it was going to be good. I was hoping she wouldn't sign to G-Unit and have 50 Cent be all over her tracks.

I feel that the label is not helping her out at all. Some of you are saying without Wayne where would she be like she wouldn't get signed to another label. Nicki is doing a lot of her promo on her own... the label is being shady with the adds and the promo on other websites.

Nicki and Drake need to be around a more experienced label that will allow them to have more exposure. They need to be around stars of their caliber. Besides Nicki, Drake and Wayne what are the other dead-weights doing? Its unfair for her to be around such talentless people.

Nicki doesn't "need Wayne" any longer. Did he promote Pink Friday? No. He was nowhere around at the time and it still did well so that says something about her star power. I only hope that she knows what shes's doing and what she got herself into.

15. WhoaLando avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:18 PM By: WhoaLando

If they manage to fuck up Fly, then she should definitely get ready to move on.

16. mikethamonsta avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:18 PM By: mikethamonsta

VenusAsABoy wrote:
    given all the issues we as fans have witnessed and experienced with YMCMB handling nicki's singles and tour, should she move to another label in the future?

share your thoughts. :D
    hip-hop revolutioNICKI.

Whose funding the tour out of curiosity? UMG, LiveNation, etc? Her management has a big say over touring also right? I believe that's why Drake got his own tour because it was venue sponsored, which means his management did the bookings. Nicki did say she wanted to do a college tour, so her management may still have this in the works. IDK.

Nicki has become her own brand, but she is a part of a bigger brand which is YMCMB. I don't think she should just go out and be a free agent, and I can't think of any other group out there she would blend with. Maybe let her build her own star power then use that as leverage to do some renegotiating (basically how Wayne did when he threatened to leave Birdman for The Roc). Maybe well see a Pink Friday Records under the YMCMB umbrella who can handle actual promo. It's a stretch but an option. I just feel deep down inside she'll get some backlash for abandoning her team.

17. Nadja. avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:18 PM By: Nadja.

chi is right tho cuz right thru me did get pop adds.
    it just wasn't a hit there.

listening to it with the rest of the album, i'm not even sure if i think it should have been a single in the first place.

18. VenusAsABoy avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:19 PM By: VenusAsABoy

iPotora wrote:
    I know nothing about record labels and screw ups except Massive Attack's release. What else did they mess up?

they release her singles [before the album release] to itunes TOO soon.
    they're not sending her singles to all the formats they NEED to be sent to.
    and they didn't give her her OWN tour.
    hip-hop revolutioNICKI.

19. VenusAsABoy avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:20 PM By: VenusAsABoy

Nadja. wrote:
    i'd really like to see how they handle nicki, wayne, drake, tyga, etc having albums/singles out at the same time..

i don't EVEN wanna think about it.
    hip-hop revolutioNICKI.

20. TeamMinajCanada avatar

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:21 PM By: TeamMinajCanada

Chi-Town_Kidd wrote:

We need to stop comparing Nicki to Wayne and Drake, first of all. They are not the same person and will obviously not perform the same on charts. Whether or not Wayne's music is getting adds or not, we're here for NICKI MINAJ. That's what I care about.

Newsletter Signup