VenusAsABoy avatar

SHOULD NICKI LEAVE YMCMB?!

Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 12:52 PM By: VenusAsABoy

given all the issues we as fans have witnessed and experienced with YMCMB handling nicki's singles and tour, should she move to another label in the future?

share your thoughts. :D

hip-hop revolutioNICKI.

"i show these bitches how to do it."

Replies to this posting

1. EbonyRiann avatar

RE: SHOULD NICKI LEAVE YMCMB?!

Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 9:20 AM By: EbonyRiann

Simply? NO!
    YMCMB is her family, her roots, her starting post. Being part of them is'nt doing her career any harm, in fact i think it's giving her more opportunities. YMCMB forever man! :L xx
    EbonyRiann

2. PlatinumFriday avatar

Re: SHOULD NICKI LEAVE YMCMB?!

Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 2:02 PM By: PlatinumFriday

moneymandy wrote:
    that would be very disloyal .
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg1pa8Zdol1qaisok.gif

were you saying the same thing when she left "dirty money"?

-im that young queens bitch w|that [P L A T I N U M] sound.

3. PRETTY iiN PiiNK avatar

Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 9:34 PM By: PRETTY iiN PiiNK

NOOO!! SHE YOUNG MONEY TO THE DEATH OF HER ;)
    I'm the mothafuckin' boss, overwrite. :D

4. PlatinumFriday avatar

Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 1:07 PM By: PlatinumFriday

Beyond this point if you add something can you not say its "disloyal" & add something of substance to the conversation? Im sure the question poster would appreciate it as well.
    -im that young queens bitch w|that [P L A T I N U M] sound.

5. Minajsecurity avatar

Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 8:45 PM By: Minajsecurity

Hell no. Young Money is just right for Nicki in so many ways. Her singles are doing good and most new artist don't headline big tours. It's just the way it is. There are no issues right now. As far as the future goes, who really knows what the future holds. Live for the moment.
    Nicki minaj is who you aint fuckin wit!

6. sexybaby12 avatar

Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 11:29 PM By: sexybaby12

No way,she shouldn't leave we love Y☺u there

7. IDareUBambi avatar

Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 11:50 AM By: IDareUBambi

She needs to leave.

I think her career is going over their heads a this point. She's become too successful for them to handle.

She needs to go to a major label, no rap labels. Epic, Columbia, Interscope, e.t.c.

8. J Lethal avatar

Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM By: J Lethal

I disagree with everyone saying she should leave, & that she will. She seems happy where she's at, & she's seen A LOT of success thus far with YMCMB. To be honest, I do feel there are some things they could've done better business wise (not only with Nicki) but truthfully, I'd rather give them a chance to evolve & progress than to say that Nicki & the other artists should leave the label. I doubt she will anyway.

9. KathyLovesNicki avatar

Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:49 AM By: KathyLovesNicki

noo way should she leave YMCMB! Nicki is perfect there! I love that label! Young Money has helped Nicki right from the bottom and taken her all the way to the top, Nicki absoloutley LOVES being at that label.. she said so herself... and she hasn't became too sucessful for them too handle...if she reaches Lil Waynes level maybe then, she should think twiceee but it doesn't look like Nicki will be going anywhere because Nicki has said that she 'couldn't be paid to be with a different label'..... YMCMB!
    Looks like she'll be there for a
    Lovekathy (:

10. sofargone avatar

Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:15 AM By: sofargone

Whoa, this topic is mad old.

Yes.

11. DJ Lewinski avatar

Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 1:26 PM By: DJ Lewinski

Poochie_McGucci wrote:
    Yes. Her talents and potential are far more deep than that label. She is a superstar, that is a label for stars trailing behind Wayne. They never promote her singles right, and 'Right Thru Me' should have been FAR more successful. Proof, every feature she does is promoted correctly because of the Artist's label and team, but her team fucks her over, in my opinion.

i agree we her fans promote her stuff better... like what about were dem girlz at? thats an amazing song but like no one got behind it.... and we post more news in the forums alot of the time then the main page...
    They call me Lewinski

12. mirainaluvsu avatar

Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 1:53 PM By: mirainaluvsu

to clarify the 360 deal the record company gets money off of what was off limits to them INCLUDING the concert revenue, merchandice sales, and endorsement deals

13. MiniMinajxo3 avatar

Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 3:38 PM By: MiniMinajxo3

i disagree with the part in the description about her being around talentless people. thats not true at all, they have talent and their not dead weights. just no one is paying as much attention because nicki is everywhere. lil twist is doing things right now, wayne, chuckee, etc. nicki is getting more attention obviously because she's well...amazing

14. MiniMinajxo3 avatar

Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 3:40 PM By: MiniMinajxo3

i also think she gives them a good image, being such a powerful female, she makes the group more interesting and fun.
    Da Dun Dun.

15. Killuminati2paceminem avatar

Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 1:04 PM By: Killuminati2paceminem

yes i hope she does she probably will i hate yung money the only ym person i like is nicki and i hate tht shes in my most hated rap group i would turn on yung money there not real hip hop ecept nikki
    kiluminati

16. Val avatar

Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 10:27 PM By: Val

I think (and hope) in the future Nicki will have her own label. She talked about that in her MTV special saying she wanted to be the first female rapper to build an empire. I can't wait to see what the future brings for her.

17. GotDaSuperBass avatar

Sun, May 1, 2011 at 6:40 AM By: GotDaSuperBass

YES!!!!! I HIGHLY ADVISE HER TO BUT NOT YET... YOUNG MONEY IS HOT RIGHT NOW BUT NICKI KNOWS WHAT SHE'S DOING SHES BECOMING A BREAKOUT POP ICON WITH SUPERBASS AND THESE GIRLS FALL LIKE DOMINOES I THINK SHE DEF. SHOULD AND WILL LEAVE YMCMB WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT.. #itzBarbieBETCH

18. Miss Cloo avatar

Sun, May 1, 2011 at 8:19 AM By: Miss Cloo

Nicki WILL build an empire. I think she should stay in Young Money for now...she'll leave when she thinks it's time

19. Sarafina avatar

Sun, May 1, 2011 at 5:25 PM By: Sarafina

I don't think she should, she owes a lot to Young Money and she knows that. They've become her family and she's just beginning to shine, I'm sure YM will give her what she deserves. I love the fact that she is the only female in YMCMB, it's empowering for us girls to think we can beat those boys at anything!

20. sofargone avatar

Sun, May 1, 2011 at 6:39 PM By: sofargone

A lot of you keep talking about "loyalty" but this is a business. Everything is great as long as Nicki's making YMCMB money, but they will not hesitate to pull the plugs if that stops happening. The only thing Nicki owes Young Money is whatever she's contractually obligated to give them. Her talent got her where she is today, not Young Money. Nicki needs to do what's best for Nicki and nobody else--ESPECIALLY not a record label.

Newsletter Signup