NickiBurger avatar

Did it on Em - BLANKED OUT mix. ?

Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 4:15 PM By: NickiBurger

Miami radio station plays a version of Did it on em that has all her bad words blanked out. Silence. Its the coolest effect ever. Usually im irritated by that kind of crap, but this makes the song sound even cooler to me. Its like she's hesitating ... then blasting it.

The only "Clean" verison I've found of this song has her bad words "twisted". You can still hear them. Just distorted.

Anyone have any idea how I get my hands on the version with the bad words blanked out?

Thanks.

NickiBurger

PS: This song is BEGGING for an intense, heavier, build up / apex / wind down - remix verison of it. Its BEGGING! Its almost like a background track for a bigger song ... I hope someone makes some seriously aggressive remixes of this thing!

Replies to this posting

1. SamanthaLaurynnn avatar

RE: Did it on Em - BLANKED OUT mix. ?

Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 4:34 PM By: SamanthaLaurynnn

Houston's stations play that one down here as well.
    I think it sounds bizarre with all the bad words missing since I only listen to the dirty one.
    Have you purchased the clean Pink Friday?
    Maybe that version of DIOE is on there.
    I'm really not sure though; I only have the explicit copy of Pink Friday.
    Try Itunes? :]

2. Sofia_Barb! avatar

Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 2:23 PM By: Sofia_Barb!

Hmmmmm.... I would try maybe going on their website if they have one And if they don't try youtube! Hope it helped!
    Mann, I just DID IT ON'EM!!

3. NickiBurger avatar

Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 11:35 AM By: NickiBurger

Yeah, the iTunes one has the version with the twisted bad words. You can still hear them. Ive searched the entire internet (no really - the whole thing, isnt that impressive?) and can't find the one im talking about.

Even in San Diego they play the twisted clean one, and on OTHER miami stations they play the twisted clean one. Only one station in miami has this other one. I called them but nobody called me back.

Youre right its super bizarre hearing the blanks , but it sounds cool as fk ... to me for some reason. Adds to Nicki's eccentricity to hear it that way somehow. And its the first version of the song I heard so I got to liking it.

I still say this song is begging for some enhancements. It sounds like a base track that is dying for some more complexity, intensity, and remixes. Every time I listen to it, my brain expects it to completely blow up at some point but it stays chill...

4. GLO The Ghost avatar

Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 2:49 PM By: GLO The Ghost

hmmmm a wicked remix sounds wicked nice!
    GIFSoup

"I just swerve on em' sorta like I missed dat deer" ~Nicki Minaj

Newsletter Signup