wade(ctrl) avatar

EVERYTHING VIP

Wed, May 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM By: wade(ctrl)

Please post any questions, comments, or anything that has to do with a VIP package here!

Replies to this posting

1. mzcandiluva avatar

Re: EVERYTHING VIP

Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM By: mzcandiluva

fluffyjd wrote:
    Hi Everyone-

I'm pretty pissed right now. My 13 year old daughter is the biggest Nicki fan ever! All she wanted for her 13th birthday, was to attend a Nicki concert and to meet her. I purchased tickets and two VIP packages to the Atlanta concert, even though we live in DC, because at the time the DC dates had not been added and we have family in Atlanta.

Cut a long story short, the meet and greet was a fiasco and a huge let down. It was extremley confused and disorganized. There was confusion about where to wait and when we we would see Nicki. After endless waits and being sent back and forth before the show, we were finally told that Nicki would see us after the show because she was tired from her DC gig and running late. After the show, we had to wait another 30 minutes or so to see Nicki for all of 30 seconds! My daughter was so exhausted from all the standing and back and forth that she was sobbing from exhaustion at the end of it. We did not get the laminate, lithiograph or early entry into the venue that was promised when we were lured to pay $250 in addition to the cost of the ticket. IMO, it is definitely not worth it. It was the furthest thing from a VIP experience. I would strongly advise anyone from purchasing a VIP upgrade and plan to contact ground control about my experience. Nicki and her promoters should be ashamed of themselves!!!

I can relate 2 u and the other barbz and kenz bout the m&g in ATL.My recommendation though is to try and catch nicki after her shows i did after my 30 seconds of a supposed m&g and i seen more facetime and attention than i did payin extra 4 what was supposed 2 be a VIP package.Last night i was so excited bout my 1st ever VIP experience with !Nicki Minaj! and let me just say neva again.I was prepared early 2 get my stuff and meet her before the show as i was directed 2 do, that didnt happen along with other things finally ended up doin m&g after the show and i waited hours for her to exit.Guess what?I found out from one of the staff outside that she was still doin m&g but these were for 10 min or more cuz they paid extra money I was so pissed and still am I about cried neva again barbz I came all the way from VA i miss tha old nicki when it comes 2 this.I didnt get what i paid 4 with this VIP & doubt if anybody else did either & i can about guarantee that my pick will be jack'd up.I'll be contactin grnd ctrl 2.

2. Rushing avatar

Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 6:20 PM By: Rushing

mzcandiluva wrote:
    fluffyjd wrote:
    Hi Everyone-

I'm pretty pissed right now. My 13 year old daughter is the biggest Nicki fan ever! All she wanted for her 13th birthday, was to attend a Nicki concert and to meet her. I purchased tickets and two VIP packages to the Atlanta concert, even though we live in DC, because at the time the DC dates had not been added and we have family in Atlanta.

Cut a long story short, the meet and greet was a fiasco and a huge let down. It was extremley confused and disorganized. There was confusion about where to wait and when we we would see Nicki. After endless waits and being sent back and forth before the show, we were finally told that Nicki would see us after the show because she was tired from her DC gig and running late. After the show, we had to wait another 30 minutes or so to see Nicki for all of 30 seconds! My daughter was so exhausted from all the standing and back and forth that she was sobbing from exhaustion at the end of it. We did not get the laminate, lithiograph or early entry into the venue that was promised when we were lured to pay $250 in addition to the cost of the ticket. IMO, it is definitely not worth it. It was the furthest thing from a VIP experience. I would strongly advise anyone from purchasing a VIP upgrade and plan to contact ground control about my experience. Nicki and her promoters should be ashamed of themselves!!!

I can relate 2 u and the other barbz and kenz bout the m&g in ATL.My recommendation though is to try and catch nicki after her shows i did after my 30 seconds of a supposed m&g and i seen more facetime and attention than i did payin extra 4 what was supposed 2 be a VIP package.Last night i was so excited bout my 1st ever VIP experience with !Nicki Minaj! and let me just say neva again.I was prepared early 2 get my stuff and meet her before the show as i was directed 2 do, that didnt happen along with other things finally ended up doin m&g after the show and i waited hours for her to exit.Guess what?I found out from one of the staff outside that she was still doin m&g but these were for 10 min or more cuz they paid extra money I was so pissed and still am I about cried neva again barbz I came all the way from VA i miss tha old nicki when it comes 2 this.I didnt get what i paid 4 with this VIP & doubt if anybody else did either & i can about guarantee that my pick will be jack'd up.I'll be contactin grnd ctrl 2.

I don't understand the last part? Are you saying some people paid more for their M&G and got more time with Nicki??

3. bonnieminaj avatar

RE: EVERYTHING VIP

Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 8:06 PM By: bonnieminaj

i don't even wanna go anymore.

4. RomanJr. avatar

Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:17 PM By: RomanJr.

Owenminajj wrote:
    Here's my input on the DC meet & greet.

I love 2 chainz, and I didn't get to see all of his show I saw little parts, because of waiting. If she was so late I don't know why she didn't make the meet & greet after the show, I had all this stuff I had planned out to tell her & no time. I put my arm around her waste and security basically smacked my hand. Tf? Last tour she hugged me 3 times. I got 2 things signed. All I got to say was hi. And all she said was enjoy the show. We didn't get a VIP laminate. We didn't get early entry into the venue, we got in at the same time as everyone else. Alright do after the concert they said they were gonna mal us the pictures in the mail. -_- her manager said he could get her to sign stuff for us, so I gave him my picture of me & her from ff tour. She signed it and I smeared it right away. Now if she would've signed it with a sharpie instead of a fucking dry erase marker there wouldn't be a problem so I complained asked for something else signed. She signed my vinyl & my starships single. They got smeared as well but at least nicki smeared them not me. It was a waste of $250. I'm disappointed in nickis staff & nicki. If nicki cared she would've made the meet & greets not rushed. After the concert at 12:45 she came out signed some more things & said hi to everyone & left for the night club,

so you successfully got your vinyl album signed? I NEED her to sign that for me, like IT IS happening. Who do I talk to make this happen. I even spoke to a representative from ground control and said that it WOULD be allowed so I have that word.

5. izabelle avatar

Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:52 AM By: izabelle

Owenminajj wrote:
    DLZ wrote:
    Owenminajj wrote:
    ErickSemel wrote:
    It was so cool. It was kinda rushed, but not really. You get like 30 seconds with her. She does meet fans one at a time. But you probably will miss 2 Chainz.

I'm praying my show will be after. And I'm ok with 30 seconds. Does she sign stuff & what merchandise do they have?

She signs the lithograph, you can't take anything inside, everything must be left outside. Shirts, Pictures, camera, etc.... Nothing at all. Oh and you can't take out your phone if you do yea
    they'll probably kick you out.
    Merchandise a variety, Shirts with the tour dates on the back, bag, sweater, underwear, chains, wristbands, etc...

DLZ

I have a drawling I worked my ass of on I better be able to give it to her

I was so close to doing that with my original piece. Instead i made a copy of it at the last minute and left that on a table for her. It's probably in landfill now.

6. Owenminajj avatar

Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:36 AM By: Owenminajj

RomanJr. wrote:
    Owenminajj wrote:
    Here's my input on the DC meet & greet.

I love 2 chainz, and I didn't get to see all of his show I saw little parts, because of waiting. If she was so late I don't know why she didn't make the meet & greet after the show, I had all this stuff I had planned out to tell her & no time. I put my arm around her waste and security basically smacked my hand. Tf? Last tour she hugged me 3 times. I got 2 things signed. All I got to say was hi. And all she said was enjoy the show. We didn't get a VIP laminate. We didn't get early entry into the venue, we got in at the same time as everyone else. Alright do after the concert they said they were gonna mal us the pictures in the mail. -_- her manager said he could get her to sign stuff for us, so I gave him my picture of me & her from ff tour. She signed it and I smeared it right away. Now if she would've signed it with a sharpie instead of a fucking dry erase marker there wouldn't be a problem so I
    complained asked for something else signed. She signed my vinyl & my starships single. They got
    smeared as well but at least nicki smeared them not me. It was a waste of $250. I'm disappointed in
    nickis staff & nicki. If nicki cared she would've made the meet & greets not rushed. After the concert at 12:45 she came out signed some more things & said hi to everyone & left for the night
    club,

so you successfully got your vinyl album signed? I NEED her to sign that for me, like IT IS happening. Who
    do I talk to make this happen. I even spoke to a representative from ground control and said that it WOULD
    be allowed so I have that word.

Yea but it was 2 people there was a tall dress fancy colored man & a short skinny colored guy who took our stuff back to her.

7. GeraintRamon avatar

Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 6:13 AM By: GeraintRamon

DONTxSTOP wrote:
    Britney Spears Fanatic wrote:
    so what if i ask her for a kiss on the cheek at the meet and greet? are they so strict that theyll kick me out for it?

Her security will freak out on you. I put my arm on her stomach during our picture (kinda like to wrap my arm around her) and her security ripped my arm off of her during our picture! I understand, they gotta watch out for people "grabbing" at her, but it wasn't anything like that at all, very innocent just for the picture. Luckily the security guy's arm wasn't in the shot but it embarrassed the fuck out of me in front of Nicki. Kinda ruined the night for me, I felt like i broke the Law of Minaj lol.

It's all good though, I told Nicki I was sorry and she's lIke "Oh baby, don't worry about it, its okay.."

I hugged her twice and kissed her on the cheek, I had a really great experience, talked to her for about a minute about how I couldnt wait to see her in my country Wales, She asked my name (geraint) she couldnt pronounce it lol but she gave it 3 attempts haha we talked some more but it's all a blur I was so nervous. She was really nice. she signed my v.i.p pass for me, wish I asked her to sign my boob/ or tshirt but I was too star struck to talk much lol but didnt feel too rushed... I had a pic with her too. Her security guy thanked me and the photographer said "lovely picture guys" they all seemed nice her makeup artist with the hat even smiled at me :) SB bought all the meet and greet people KFC lmao... I would have appreciated a drink more coz our M&G's were after the show I was dying of thirst as I was sweating in the front row lmao I feel bad for people having bad experiences but don't let it put u off looking foward to it, I still had an amazing night!

8. GeraintRamon avatar

Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 6:19 AM By: GeraintRamon

People complain that they miss the opening act if they meet her before the show and lose their spaces at the front... If you meet her at the end of the night after dancing and being at the front of the stage for about 2 hours you will look like a sweaty mess in your picture... your never gonna have it go your way... its just the way it goes... its a fanstastic experience however it goes down! you get to meet Nicki! Yes you are paying a lot of money for this opportunity... but £200 beats queing outside the venue at 8am and waiting til 3am for her to come out of the venue to catch a glimpse, u get a once in a lifetime chance to meet Nicki... Britney M&G you couldnt hug her/ touch her all meet and greet pics were the same and looked awkward and they were about £1000!! so people should seriously chill out I think they just went into this with expectations way too high. Because I read all the complaints before I went I wasnt looking forward to it as much as I would have... I expected the worst and therefore had a pleasent suprise at how organised and great the evening panned out... so seriously dont let the complaints put you off guys

9. Gavin avatar

Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 7:25 AM By: Gavin

GeraintRamon wrote:

Yes but some of these people were NOT given what they paid for, such as early entry and a signed item.

There is a difference between complaining about not getting enough face time but they just wanted what they paid for.

10. Britney Spears Fanatic avatar

Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 7:46 AM By: Britney Spears Fanatic

Honestly yes this does sound like a bad meet and greet experience, but out of all the meet and greets I've been to this one sounds the same. Everyone ive been to had me only seeing the aritst for a couple seconds and taking a quick pic and that was it. Honestly Britney has the worst meet and greets cuz u couldnt touch her period, she wouldnt sign anything extra, and she barely talked. To me this sounds like a normal meet and greet experience except for waiting for the merch promised.

Does she also do the boob signing still?

11. sonyah avatar

Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 8:32 AM By: sonyah

Well, I did ATLANTA VIP. Yes there could have been better organization and communication(this has been happeneing at all M&G). But I was happy with my experience. With reading everything that has been going on I was prepared to know what to expect. So I didn't have the let down. I did my homework. The Lithograph gets mailed to you. The only thing I did not recieve was the Laminate which i wanted her to sign. Prior to being taken back the staff told you the rules. It was a little rush but I already figured it would be due to the show running late, Nicki also had a video shoot to do after the concert, then another video to do later monday.

Even though there was the rush Nicki was so NICE! She made sure they got us drinks. My time with her WOW I was star stuck and I am not even like a super fan. I showed her my shoes I had made for her show, she laughed loud enough that my bestie heard her, then asked me if I had made them. Then I had a personal conversation(QUICK) but she was looking deep in my eyes as I was tearing up. But she did something that means so MUCH to me that I will never forget! I will always be greatful, continue to support Nicki(I bought her CD today, my first "rap" cd EVER!) Also I plan on always going to ONE concert per album and will do another Meet in greet.

Not saying I got 100% what I paid for cause $250 is a lot, but I was pleased with my experience.

12. kikireloaded avatar

Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 8:50 AM By: kikireloaded

Has anyone received anything about the Miami M&G yet?

13. bonnieminaj avatar

Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:48 PM By: bonnieminaj

sonyah wrote:
    Well, I did ATLANTA VIP. Yes there could have been better organization and communication(this has been happeneing at all M&G). But I was happy with my experience. With reading everything that has been going on I was prepared to know what to expect. So I didn't have the let down. I did my homework. The Lithograph gets mailed to you. The only thing I did not recieve was the Laminate which i wanted her to sign. Prior to being taken back the staff told you the rules. It was a little rush but I already figured it would be due to the show running late, Nicki also had a video shoot to do after the concert, then another video to do later monday.

Even though there was the rush Nicki was so NICE! She made sure they got us drinks. My time with her WOW I was star stuck and I am not even like a super fan. I showed her my shoes I had made for her show, she laughed loud enough that my bestie heard her, then asked me if I had made them. Then I had a personal conversation(QUICK) but she was looking deep in my eyes as I was tearing up. But she did something that means so MUCH to me that I will never forget! I will always be greatful, continue to support Nicki(I bought her CD today, my first "rap" cd EVER!) Also I plan on always going to ONE concert per album and will do another Meet in greet.

Not saying I got 100% what I paid for cause $250 is a lot, but I was pleased with my experience.

did you get to go in one at a time or two at a time?

14. DONTxSTOP avatar

Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:56 PM By: DONTxSTOP

GeraintRamon wrote:
    DONTxSTOP wrote:
    Britney Spears Fanatic wrote:
    so what if i ask her for a kiss on the cheek at the meet and greet? are they so strict that theyll kick me out for it?

Her security will freak out on you. I put my arm on her stomach during our picture (kinda like to wrap my arm around her) and her security ripped my arm off of her during our picture! I understand, they gotta watch out for people "grabbing" at her, but it wasn't anything like that at all, very innocent just for the picture. Luckily the security guy's arm wasn't in the shot but it embarrassed the fuck out of me in front of Nicki. Kinda ruined the night for me, I felt like i broke the Law of Minaj lol.

It's all good though, I told Nicki I was sorry and she's lIke "Oh baby, don't worry about it, its okay.."

I hugged her twice and kissed her on the cheek, I had a really great experience, talked to her for about a minute about how I couldnt wait to see her in my country Wales, She asked my name (geraint) she couldnt pronounce it lol but she gave it 3 attempts haha we talked some more but it's all a blur I was so nervous. She was really nice. she signed my v.i.p pass for me, wish I asked her to sign my boob/ or tshirt but I was too star struck to talk much lol but didnt feel too rushed... I had a pic with her too. Her security guy thanked me and the photographer said "lovely picture guys" they all seemed nice her makeup artist with the hat even smiled at me :) SB bought all the meet and greet people KFC lmao... I would have appreciated a drink more coz our M&G's were after the show I was dying of thirst as I was sweating in the front row lmao I feel bad for people having bad experiences but don't let it put u off looking foward to it, I still had an amazing night!

Consider yourself lucky, my friend. Nothing more embarrassing than trying to hug/embrace someone you really admire and having security rip you of her like you're a criminal.

15. cmguido avatar

Miami Meet and Greet Experience

Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM By: cmguido

This is my experience with the Miami Meet and Greet in detail.
    I urge you, if you can figure out a way to sell your M&G passes, I would do so in a heartbeat.
    We were told to arrive no later than 6pm in which we did, however we were left waiting until 7:45 for her manager to come out and announce that Nicki was Late and would be here shortly. He reassured us that she would still be able to do a signing and we would receive about 15-20 seconds with her. This was not the case at all.
    By 9pm after being shuffled around the venue (behind the stage, side of the stage) they rounded us up and told us we would be meeting Nicki now, I asked the woman who was getting us in line how long we would have with Nicki and she responded that "There are more people to meet Nicki than just the VIP upgrades"
    Right before going into the room to meet Nicki her manager was giving out the VIP laminates, I asked if she would sign them and he said "Yes if she has time."
    I felt as if we were treated like cattle, I was literally being pushed and pulled by the security team. I was pushed into the room with Nicki, in which I had less than 5 seconds with her, As I was pushed in, Nicki said "Hi boo" There was a guard off to the side of us who literally pulled me next to her, I smiled for the camera and before I knew it I was being pulled away and I heard Nicki tell me "Enjoy the show babe."
    I did not receive ANYTHING signed, not a boob, not a laminate, not a poster, nothing. After I was out of the room another guard, pushed me out to return to our seats.

This VIP experience was not worth what I had paid for.
    I understand time constraints, however why did we have to be there by 6 if Nicki herself didn't arrive until after 8, what was our money going towards... her loaded security that treated us like a nuisance?
    I felt very upset at the fact that I had spent hundreds of dollars for less than 5 seconds with Nicki, which in turned ruined my whole concert experience.
    The whole set up was poorly organized and managed and I feel very betrayed that Nicki fans who are willing to spend hundreds of dollars to meet her were treated with such disrespect.

I emailed this exact account of my M&G to GrndCtrl, however I doubt much will be done about it, considering what I've read reading others who have emailed them.

I went in wishing our M&G would not be as bad as the stories made it seem, don't go in wishing that, because it will most likely be true and you will be highly disappointed.
    I loved Nicki, but considering she was running the show, she could have made a better effort to accommodate us.

16. tokyo_brian avatar

Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 9:11 PM By: tokyo_brian

The DC meet and greet was a horrible experience. If anyone wouyld like to comlain here is the ground control website information! They are going to get a long email from me... and a court order if I do not get a reply. I will also be notifying the Better Business Bureau for false advertising seeing that I did not get anything I PAID for!
    Directly from the pre-VIP email...
    "Have a question? Please contact our Customer Support by submitting a support request at support.groundctrl.com. Additionally, for urgent matters you may call 1-877-GND-CTRL / Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 5:30pm PST"

17. iPatxx avatar

My Miami meet & greet nightmare experience.

Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 9:39 PM By: iPatxx

Let me first state that I have been to many meet and greets, but NEVER EVER HAVE I EVER been treated so poorly at the Nicki Minaj concert in Miami, Florida. Where do I even begin? We first arrived and the will call people didn't know anything, they kept asking who GroundCtrl was and where we bought our tickets from. They had a list of names for meet and greets, yet they had the wrong names on the list. After that we got let into the venue with everyone else, no early admission... THEN we waited 3 hours to meet her and all we got was a pic and then I had 3-4 men grabbing me throwing me out. No boob signing, no autograph, no conversation what so ever. I barely got to wave at her before I had security yelling at me to keep my hands to my side and to not touch her. I missed both opening acts and Lil Wayne. WORST Meet & Greet EVER! I will never go to another meet and greet through GroundCtrl. I feel bad for some of the other people, some didn't even get their laminates, and one girl didn't even get a picture with Nicki! Honestly for paying $250 I feel pretty robbed. Clearly I purchased the Nicki Minaj Meet & Greet which allowed me to get either a boob signing or my laminate signed. Which I got neither of. False advertisement. Thanks GroundCtrl and Nicki for at this point, nothing... If you still have your M&G get a refund NOW before it's too late, or better yet don't even show up it's a waste of time. My night was ruined, I kept watching Nicki on stage thinking "There goes my $250". And btw her manager, Derek, yeah he's nice to you when you arrive but as soon as he shoves you through the Meet & Greet, he'll ignore you like you don't even exist. Lastly, I was a Nicki Minaj fan before the concert, but after the way Nicki, her management, and GroundCtrl treated me, I've lost almost all respect for her...

18. Tyler Tremallose avatar

Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:33 PM By: Tyler Tremallose

for the people that got autographs, did they have the marker or did you bring it
    im assuming she had it already?

19. IwantNickiMinajtositonmyface avatar

Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 5:51 AM By: IwantNickiMinajtositonmyface

hello :) i am getting very upset as i dont know if nicki will have meet and greets later this year.. in the fall for the UK tour.. can anyone let me know?:(

20. Gavin avatar

Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 8:00 AM By: Gavin

IwantNickiMinajtositonmyface wrote:
    hello :) i am getting very upset as i dont know if nicki will have meet and greets later this year.. in the fall for the UK tour.. can anyone let me know?:(

Nobody knows other than Nicki herself an possibly GroudCtrl, we have to wait just like you and if you had read previous posts then you be aware that none of know as of yet.

Newsletter Signup