Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 3:51 PM
5 reasons to love nicki
1. She’s actually mental. Some of her raps are more violent and unhinged than Britney during her breakdown.
2. Her style is out of this world. Pun intended. If we’ve learned anything from the rise of Gaga, it’s that stars need to have the whole package now and Nicki has taken this and run with it.
3. Nicki has balls. Bored of pop stars that resemble cardboard cutouts and don’t have any opinion? Nicki is just what you need. Watch her rant about why people think she’s a bitch and try not to fall in love, we dare you. More pop stars that stand up for themselves please!
4. Tough cookie. Soft centre. The bitchiness and wackiness is good, but there’s so much more to her than that. Songs like Right Thru Me, Save Me and Catch Me are all personal pleas for help. And she’s no stranger to having a little cry. Nicki manages to be both vulnerable and headstrong at the same time – most pop stars could only dream of having so many layers.
5. Legends already adore her. Nicki became famous for her ubiquitous features and she’s had the privilege of working with some of the biggest names in music, including Jay Z, Kanye West and even Mariah Carey. If these guys all think she’s the next big thing, then that sort of seals it doesn’t it?