Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 10:02 AM
A word of Advice
Drifting away, to a writer it could mean quite a number of things, There is something I like to term being “Zoned”, which is what I am now. I don’t go through a writer’s block or lack of inspiration, I’m constantly zoned. I just have many zones, hyper zones, writing zones, rapping zones, study zones, religious zones, the list is really endless. I would say each zone lasts for about 24 hours because when I wake up the next day, I’m a completely new person… I call it zoned, Doctors call it Bipolar, which ever which way you look at it, I’m still writing now, I’m still the girl who can write an award winning speech about apples, I don’t need inspiration, Writing is my passion, writing is my love, writing is how I vent………
Some blast music, some scream into pillows, some punch walls, some rip paper, I write…. It’s the best way to get my inner feelings out. You should try it, especially when you just getting the feel of it and tears stream down, and you don’t even realize it, Sometimes that’s all the therapy you could ever need. The tears part! I always encourage it. My opinion, don’t shoot me, I just feel that getting those feelings out in the open is better than keeping them bottled up, One day when you erupt it won’t be pretty…. Trust me there will be that faithful day where you have a smile on your face when you get up, you realize the milk in your coffee went sour, its storming outside, the traffic should delay you by 3 hours, to make matters worse you get a flat on the way then a car splashes you, When you finally reach your destination you realize you had a presentation to do that could either make or break you, and you can barely gather your thoughts while you trying to put pen to paper when you notice your apple on the table is green instead of red and you have a break down…..
Yes people have breakdowns all the time, letting it accumulate to that point is unadvised… we should look for ways to reduce conflict, I know some situations can’t be avoided but to be honest you weren’t crying because your apple was the wrong colour or because you failed your history test. You crying because your bestfriend betrayed you in the worst possible way last week Monday. And that’s ok, shot happens, life isn’t always sunshine and roses…
If I can give you a few tips on how to deal with issues without a melt down here they are :
• Accept the things you cannot change, nobody expects you to be super bionic, don’t overwhelm yourself, you won’t be able to deal….
• Surround yourself with positivity, the people in your company should not bring you down ever, you need a positive attitude to accomplish greatness and we are all destined for greatness… You yourself should know that, you need to have a positive mind set at all times. Your mind can make heaven of hell and a hell of heaven *remember that*
• Talk to those you trust about your feelings, don’t just brush them off…
• If you need to then CRY!!! GET IT OUT, DON’T KEEP IT IN, NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD JUDGE YOU, JUST CRY, I PROMISE YOU WILL FEEL BETTER ONCE YOU GET YOUR EMOTIONS OUT IN THE OPEN…
• Know that your best is more than good enough for every situation
REMEMBER EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IN THE END, IF ITS NOT ALRIGHT, THEN ITS NOT THE END – Bill Rancic